Saturday, September 24, 2011

Oh my gosh the face!

I can't believe I forgot to write about this sooner! So I know it doesn't seem very exciting, but it's one of my favorite class-time moments so far. The kids are always asking if they need to write down what's on the board. "Miss we need to write down?" "In the books miss?" I'm so proud of them for always asking in English, but it cracks me up sometimes because I can really see who's paying attention. The stragglers, the kids who will always be the last ones to ask, they get my look --this teacher look I never knew I had, but I am thinking I learned it from my mom.

In Science class we were covering the life cycles of living things, and as the kids called out the different stages I was writing them on the board. When we came to "die" I couldn't help but frown, and I even wrote a frowny face next to the word. Sure enough, one of my girls calls out, "Miss, we need to write face?" I don't know how to explain it, and unfortunately can't bring more life to the story, but trust me when I say it was awesome. Something about the timing of it all, and the way her face looked so confused when she asked, and how she scrunched her nose and shook her head when I said it was up to her. Sweet Lissie, one of my stars whose favorite subject happens to be Science, really does not like writing things down from the board.

No comments:

Post a Comment