Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Mom's Hammock Hour(s)

When we left La Casa Rosada we left our hammocks for the next year's teachers. It was a tough decision, but it seemed like the right thing to do. I also don't have much of a hammock hanging space at Pastor Alfonso's, so it wasn't entirely an act of social service. Every now and then I get this major urge to take a nap, and though I can't remember the last time I actually took one, this hammock provided some of the best naps you'll ever have. So great in fact, my mom enjoyed a post-school nap every afternoon while she was here! Except for the few days we were in Copan, I didn't give her a chance for much napping then, but the first few days she was here I let her get nice and cozy. It is almost embarrassing to share, but I found something soothing about how tired she was after her first day teaching with me. And second and third days too. Not that I mean that in a terrible way or anything, it was just comforting to know that it wasn't just me!

It can actually get a little chilly with the perfectly chilled breeze that flows on the porch there, so i was kind enough to cover her with my Aunt Di quilt. I was also hateful enough to snap a picture of her all adorable and comfy conked out after a long day at school!


No comments:

Post a Comment